Thursday, November 18, 2010

cucunut curry lentil soup

This soup is so tasty and easy to make! I love soup on cold days, the best way to warm up :) I plan on making a lot of soup this winter. So let me know if you have any awesome soup recipes!




What you need


  • two cans lentils (drained)
  • I can coconut milk
  • I carton veggie stock (I used this brand Kitchen Basics because its awesome and completely organic no preservatives and no added salt!)
  • I large onion
  • two stalks celery 
  • two large carrots
  • one clove garlic
  • curry powder
  • salt and pepper
  • EVOO
 
Dice carrots, celery, garlic and onion and saute in pot with about a tablespoon evoo and salt and pepper until onions are soft.
Then add veggie stock, coconut milk and curry powder (I just added the curry powder until it was as curryish as I felt I wanted it)
Bring it all to a boil and then turn the heat down to low and let simmer for a few hours.
Add the lentils at the end before your read to take it off the heat. The canned lentils are already soft so they just need to be heated.



And that's it! Super healthy soup that tastes awesome.  you could add any other veggies you wanted too and I'm sure it would be good. I had a soup like this at a restaurant about two years ago and always said Id try and re-create it so I'm glad I finally did AND it came out great ! The version I had at the restaurant had kale in it too so I think I'll try that next time.

Happy soup making! Today is defiantly a soup day here, looks (and feels) like we could have our first snow any minute !

2 comments:

  1. i used organic frontier curry powder :)
    http://www.frontiercoop.com/dspCmnPrd.php?ct=spicesaz&p=p&cn=Curry%20Powder

    ReplyDelete