Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day

I love waking up to the snow outside my window.. everything looks so bright. The best.
A few pictures from my wonderful snow filled day yesterday
    coming to wake me up :)
 creatures trying to keep warm. we give them lots of seed to fatten them up for winter
 from my backyard.





We kept warm inside playing video games, knitting and drinking tea. 
I cant tell you how amazing it is to have a wood stove. I love sitting and just watching the fire burn from big logs down to red hot embers... plus it keeps the house so warm even when its -10 out like it was yesterday! way too cold for around here I'm not used to it. Matts mom even got us a 1/2 quart of wood yesterday so we will be warm for weeks to come. and my wonderful boy went out in the -10 to cut and stack all the wood <3



And Today the sun has come out and started to melt the ice off the leaves on the trees. But its still cold. these are my favorite snow days, when the sun is shining and its cold and we can go for a long walk and admire it all. So beautiful! And every few minutes snow will fall from the trees and the sun will sparkle off the flakes and its magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment