Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wonderland




So I have to say I am getting very excited about the new Alice in Wonderland which comes out this friday. Not only am I so excited because Alice in Wonderland has been my all time favorite movies/books of all time. But also because my work has a promotion going on with the theater in the mall and everyone from our work is getting a privite screening on opening night after the theater closes!! I'm so excited! it will be in 3d of course, and we get all the free popcorn and pop we want, amazing! There 10 girls at my work and everyone is aloud to bring one guest so I even get to bring Matt :D

I dont know what is is about Alice in Wonderland that I've always been so drawn to, something about this other world has always seemed so appealing. We had a whole series of books that were probably from the 70's. The books with all in blue and white, I used to look through them forever as a kid and imagine myself going to wonderland. Thinking about it now a lot of the things in the book were sort of twisted in that wonderland kind of way but they never scared me at all. I wish I still had those books!

I really hope the new movie lives up to my expectations.


 

[source - google images]

2 comments:

  1. did it live up? honestly i think i hyped myself up a little too much for this... i've been waiting all of my life for tim burton to do alice in wonderland, i always thought it'd be a good idea. and somehow i knew i was going to be disappointed.
    it wasn't that great... i mean, the 3d effects and everything were entertaining to watch, but the story didn't draw me in very much. it wasn't as exciting or interesting as i'd expect from tim burton. i still think the orig is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete