Sunday, January 30, 2011

Keeping up with Goals: Week 2

I have done pretty well eating wise this week although exercising has been a little lacking! I have still been doing yoga in my kitchen almost every morning though so I guess I shouldn't beat myself up about it to much. Next week I'm hoping to get in a whole lot more hikes and walks with the puppy and as of today I have a fridge stocked full of lots of yummy produce so eating good will be easy. I have to admit though buying locally once again has been a bit too diffucult this week so the grocery store it was. I really hate going to the grocery store near our house they dont have as much organic stuff and every is just so much more sad looking. I usually go to the grocery store in town if I'm going to because its much bigger so everything is always yummy and bright and fresh not to mention better prices and lots of organic and even some local produce!
Here of a few things that were on the menu this week.

 Kale sauteed with garlic sesame seeds and EVOO

Oven roasted banana squash with a little butter and pepper. low fat turkey, cheese and lettuce sammy.

Local tiger shrimp in garlic butter and brown rice casserole. The rice casserole  recipe here.
Really easy and good I ate it topped with greek yogurt.

And here is some pictures from tonight's spaghetti Sunday. Me and Matt make pasta together every Sunday night. Its fun and yummy :)

Grape tomatoes roasted in EVOO, salt, pepper and thyme.

Matt chopping up mushrooms for his pasta.


My pasta tonight was a very green one! kale, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, onion, garlic, mushrooms, evoo and feta cheese. I didn't take a picture of Matt's pasta but it was the same except with tomato sauce. Topped with my roasted tomatoes

I've also been drinking as much tea as possible. I'm a coffeeaholic but I have tried to sub out my coffee with tea whenever possible. I love stash teas with macha. This pomegranate and raspberry is one of my favorites for sure. I am drinking a cup of orange ginger with macha right now and its also super tasty!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I'm off for a day trip with my 9 month prego friend Ashley to pick up a baby dresser should be tons of fun! Shes one of my besties and I havent seen her as much as I'd like to as of lately so I'm super excited :D

No comments:

Post a Comment