Monday, January 31, 2011

A little of this

I have been trying my best to keep occupied while unemployed with doing copious amounts of shopping. I do ok. Sew a bit here, knit a bit there cook a lot and spend as much time with my bestie and the baby boys as possible. I haveto say the last part is probably what keeps me sane. My best friend has twin boys and I spend the majority of days there hanging out and playing with the babies. The thing is that the boy are going to be 1 on tuesday! I cant believe my little men are already 1! They are almost walking now (Mason took 3 steps the other day way to go buddy!). They say mama daddy kitty and doggy and almost auntie Tamara hehe I've been trying pretty hard for that one it mostly just sounds like rara or they look at  me and say MA and then laugh haha but they're trying! But the thing about them turning one is Shannon's mat leave ends and I'm left all alone! So I am going to be working a lot harder in the next few weeks to try and keep myself occupied. Plus I think I'm gonna be going through some serious baby withdrawls. I joke with her and say I'm gonna be waiting outside her door or on her couch every day when she gets home from work haha.

Luckily one of my other best friend Ashley is going to have a baby girl in a few weeks so I can get in some baby time there. I'm excited to spend more time with her too since we haven't seen each other as much as I would like to the last few months. We used to work together and see each other every day so I have defiantly been missing her.

And we did however just get Netflix the other day! We have never have cable since we lived here so I feel spoiled now getting to watch new stuff! I've been watching nature shows and documentarys all weekend curled up on the couch with tea and the dog its great. Matt bought a new 42 inch flat screen tv the other day too I've never had a nice tv so I've been much more glued to the tv than I would usually be... hopefully it doesnt become to big of a habit because I have a feeling I could end up exceeding my bandwidth limit for the month!

Anyways here are a few pictures from around my house this week!
Baby clothes for Ashley's little girl! I lovelovelovee the sailboat onsies! I almost bought some to keep for myself but I resisted. I did however tell her if i ever have a daughter she better hand these down haha.

Cute little notebooks!

New hair color! sorry for the crappy picture the light in my bathroom is horrible! I love this color but I just ordered extensions and they're a pretty dark brown so I think I'll be changing it up again soon to match them rather than color them to match this.

New basil growing in my window! I've missed having fresh herd so much I need to get some more!
And last but not least my adorable pup watching us make dinner





5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog!
    looks really really nice!
    I'm loving the new hair color and the food photos - very cool!
    I'll be following you (through my rss reader!)!

    keep'em coming!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, i've been there too girl. excess time is an up and down slider for sure. good you've got the bloggy and all your extra curriculars. plus awesome girl friend and babies, hope the withdrawal isn't too hard when she returns to work. but more baby time to come, yah!

    cute, cute onesie, omg i love every item. good choices. your new color really makes your eyes pop, awesome is what and puppeh love too. happy tuesday lovely. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been wanting to grow some little plants or herbs in my windows too just to have some color until spring comes, but it's one more thing to add to my always growing list!

    and your dog is so beautiful! is he? she? a pit bull mix? aw, i love dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! and he is a boxer staffie lab cross :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new hair color!! the color is too perfect!!

    ReplyDelete