Saturday, January 22, 2011

Keeping up with Goals: Week 1

I have been doing my very best at eating as healthy as I can every day. I have been a bit uninspired the last few weeks thought because most of the local farms around dont have much in the way of produce. So we made a trip to the grocey store in town to load up on fruit and veggies and I have done a lot better this week staying on track. We ate at home most meals this week although we actually went for dinner and lunch a lot more than we usually do. Matt didnt work all week so I guess that is why, too much time on our hands! Plus I had nachos twice this week.. wow haha oh well. I just cant resist a big plate of nachos and guacamole... mmm.

But here is one of the better days I had this week

 yogurt and apples for breakfast

 Lunch whole wheat totilla pizza!
cheese, mushrooms, feta, red onion and green pepper. soo yummy

 baked tomatoes with mozza, feta and thyme for a snack. These are so good!
 Me and Matt made our own pasta sauces. Mine was onion, garlic, broccoli, mushrooms, kale, thyme and evoo. Matts on the right had everything mine had but with beef and crushed tomatoes.
We said we are gonna have pasta on sunday nights now and we will always make it together either like this and make our own sauces (matt likes meat and I don't very often) or we will make a sauce together! We ate these one with catelli smart linguine it was awesome. Kale is probably my favorite thing in the world its so amazing.
I made some wholewheat oat and blackberry muffins last week. They were okay but I wasnt overly happy with the way they came out. I'll have to try a differnt recipe next time. I have so many frozen blackberries that Matt's aunt picked and gave to us in the summer.


I have been making it a goal to do yoga everyday at home for at leased 10-20 minutes. I've stuck to it for the most part although its been freezing cold the last few days and We've been slacking in the fire making department. So whenever I've been home the past few days I've been sitting on my laptop in bed haha! Thats where I am right now in fact... But I will get back into the routine tomorrow. I feel so much more energized with even 10 minutes of yoga a day. One of my oringinal goals was to go for a walk every day. But again its been so cold that I really haven't wanted to be outside for very long. So I figured as long as I'm doing yoga and dancing around the house every day I will be satisfied until it warms up again.

I've also decided to try and write a post a week about keeping up with the goals I listed here at the beginning of January!

Well I am gonna stay cozy in my bed for another hour or so and then head to friends to watch the hockey game ! 

Happy weekend all!




4 comments:

  1. um, speaking of nachos(my nemesis!) the boyf and i went for a grocery haul yesterday and guess what my picks were. yups, good ol' guac and salsa with corn chips (baked not fried, haha). so good right. girl, i am loving the healthy things you made this week, wonderful photos showcasing them.

    i can't believe the awesome thrifty finds you've scored from you last post. love everything and the flowers are pretty sweet, what a guy!

    hope hockey night was fun and tonight is restful for you lovely! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful blog! very inspiring.

    x
    Alexandra

    www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to be keeping up with your blog! The muffins and pizza look absolutely delish! Do you have the recipe for the pizza from a book/blog, or did you come up with it on your own? Thank you for posting the ingredients! If it's not too much of a hassle, keep doing it! I'll probably be re-creating a lot of these things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am going to be trying to keep up with this weekly! My moms used to make us mini pizzas on wraps or pitas instead of the unhealthy frozen pizzas so I've always made these beauts they're such an easy lunch or snack

    ReplyDelete